hoto: Shaun Finnegan, owner of Aldridge Cycles in Cross Street, Camborne
Camborne Shopping Week is fast approaching. With so much going on and great deals on offer, here are just ten reasons to visit.
- It will keep your kids entertained. As we reach the end of the school holidays you may have some restless children on your hands. Let them loose on the fun family activities taking place in Commercial Square from 11am-3pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday of Camborne Shopping Week.
- You will pick up a bargain … all the way from Paris. Camborne has some amazing clothes shops, with stock you won’t find anywhere else in Cornwall. The Wardrobe Clothing Company gets some of its clothes straight from the French capital and is offering a discount of up to 50% during Camborne Shopping Week. Chapel Street Boutique will also have a sale starting on Monday, 21 August.
- You can get a glimpse behind the scenes at the vet. Animal lovers will enjoy the chance to find out more about what goes on at Clifton Villa Vets, where there will be an open day on Thursday 24 August. If you need to stock up on pet supplies, you can also save 10% at Aqua-tique Pet and Garden on Cross Street when you spend £20 or more.
- The Puffin Devil will be rolling into town. The Trevithick Society will bring the memory of steam pioneer Richard Trevithick to life with the replica of his steaming invention on display in Commercial Square from 11am to 3pm on Wednesday 23 August.
- There will be cider and live music – a match made in heaven, surely. Head down to Tyacks Hotel on Sunday 27 August, where Ciderfest 6 is taking place with live music from 1pm till late. You could also pick up a bargain at Trevada Music where there is a 10% discount during Camborne Shopping Week.
- You can meet a local author. Katie-Louise Merrit will be holding a book signing at Delight 2 Bite on Cross Street on Tuesday 22 from 10am until noon and on Wednesday 23 from 2 until 4pm. You can also enjoy a delicious cake and coffee for just £2.50.
- You can pamper yourself. Hi-Lights Hair Salon is offering one free wash and blow dry every day of Camborne Shopping Week – but get there early as the offer is on a first come, first served basis. Gents hairdresser Scissor Sisters is also offering money off your next haircut to new customers who drop in during Shopping Week.
- You can get back in the saddle. Check out Aldridge Cycles where there will be a 25% discount on selected bikes and accessories for the week.
- There will be loads of delicious food. Buying local is the order of the day on Friday 25 August, with a produce market on Commercial Square from 9am until 2pm. Then, on Saturday 26th, don’t miss our very first street food festival. From pasties to Indian dishes and Spanish doughnuts to Thai style rolled ice cream, you’ll be spoilt for culinary choice.
- You can snap up bargain pressies for any birthdays you’ve got coming up (or dare we say it in August, start ticking off some gifts on your Christmas shopping list).Dylan’s Bear Necessities is full of gorgeous gifts with 25% off Moda Bags and selected costume jewellery for Shopping Week. Roy Doble Jewellers also has a 25% discount on Tupton Ware ceramic vases and gifts.
Make sure you pick up a guide, which are available in shops across the town, to find out all of the offers and events happening during Camborne Shopping Week and keep an eye on the Camborne Town Facebook page.